- the types of information we collect through our Services;
- how we use and protect that information;
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances; and
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
What Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
Our Services may include features that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Information provided in connection with your creation of an account, including your First Name, Last Name, City, State, Email Address, and Phone Number, as well as your interests
- Information provided in connection with a donation you make or merchandise you choose to purchase through our website, including your First Name, Last Name, City, State, Email Address, and Phone Number
- Email address information when subscribing to our email bulletins
- Information you provide when you interact with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos and messages which you submit to us either via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or our site
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with our Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. Cookies are pieces of information that websites transfer to your computer to enable you to take full advantage of the website’s features. For example, cookies make it easier for you to use our Services by performing certain functions such as saving your passwords and your personal preferences regarding your use of the site. Any or all activities with regard to collecting usage information may be performed on our behalf by third-parties (see Additional Information About Third Party Cookies below). This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use our Services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services or choosing to log in through a social media account), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts
How We Use and Share That Information
Why We Collect This Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To send you newsletters, offers, special events, information about features and enhancements on or to our website or other materials
- To provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve our Services, including research and analytics regarding use of the website, or to remember you when you leave and return to the website
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal
Who We Share the Information With
Service Providers: We engage third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf such as: hosting, content management, technical integration, marketing, analytics, payment processing, and customer service.
Social Media: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
Data Aggregation: We may combine information from our Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records or from third party sources. For example, Vision for the Poor will buy lists of like-minded organizations from a trustworthy third party. To maintain our costs, we on occasion will exchange our mailing list with other like-minded organizations, through the same reputable third party. Email addresses are never shared or sold. Vision for the Poor supporters may opt out of having their names or mailing addresses shared by sending an email with the subject “Do not share” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Personal Data Collected From You About Others: If you elect to use our “Tell-A-Friend” or “eCard” referral services to inform a friend about our website, you will be giving us your friend’s name and email address. Vision for the Poor will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting them to visit our website. Vision for the Poor will only use your friend’s name and email address for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Please do not provide email addresses or any other contact details for children under 16. We will inform any third party you invite that you gave us his or her details in the invitation email.
Required by Law: We may use or disclose information about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith believe that such sharing is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, our Services, or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of our employees and agents, other users of our Services, or members of the public.
Transfer of Data: If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
All information provided to Vision for the Poor is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our website that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Vision for the Poor. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Your Options and Rights
Correcting or Updating Your Information: Upon request, Vision for the Poor will make good-faith efforts to provide users with any personally identifying information about them that Vision for the Poor gathers and maintains and to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at the user’s request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes) or for which access is not otherwise required. Users can make such requests by contacting us at the below address or phone number.
Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of our Services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
You may be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the third-parties who conduct tracking through our Services. Please see below for more information.
Our Email Bulletins: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email bulletin, or email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Additional Information About Third Party Cookies
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you as being signed in, remembering your preferences, and the number of times you have been shown an advertisement
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our Services are being used, track site performance and make improvements
- Personalized Advertising: Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our Services through social networking and other sites
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information on their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
|How Google users information from sites or apps that use our services|
|Data Policy of Facebook|
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Our Services contain links to other sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another site for which Vision for the Poor has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Changes to Policy
Contacting the Website
Vision for the Poor
387 Springdale Avenue
Hatboro, PA 19040
You can also send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org